Tuesday 19 February 2013

A Cheap and Chearfull Valentines

February has been slightly un eventfull really, so nothing too much to blog about. Not been spending much & not been earning much. The £50 I was expecting from the sale of 4 old mobile phones did come in took weeks though, the sites I reccommend are Top Dollar & Simply drop both efficient and offering the highest prices.

I used to get my Bins cleaned £2.50 a time, had to much shame to cancel so sent Toni out to ask the guy to just do the 1 bin once a month from now. How embarrassing.

Made me think : in economy if we all fail to spend that little bit extra on the luxuries. Those industries suffer. I mean the wheeli bin company hopefully wont file for bankruptcy without me on their weeky books but if 20 % of the neighbourhood did who knows. I wonder how bad the hairdressers/ restaurants all suffered during the worst of this recession.

{ If i let you into a secret... I cant wear my hair down... I actually cut it myslef ... 2nd time in 4 months.... With awful kitchen scisors .... It looks naf ...But im not really bothered. }

Ebay has been a bit rubbish sold 2 items both new toys in boxes that Toni had, I need to build up good reviews and fast so I stupidly dispatched both prior to receiving payment. So 1 paid 1 didnt the cost of posting is nearly £3 x 2 £6 which is what one of them paid for their item. Oh no a loose loose situation. Never mind lesson learned TIK.

On the B & B side of things , we have had 2 requests but they never turned into a confimed booking. In your head you already spend the money. One was for 12 days nearly £500 would have been amazing.

Eating mainly basic foods starting to use up all the spices trying to jazz them meals up. I havnt mentioned I own a food shop but getting all my food from there would just be cheating, thats along with the fact baked goods has never helped my none slender figure.I did actually get some free food, I had an unused voucher for £45 for Cosco so I wasted that and stocked up the freezer. I also found a £8 tesco one in my wallet unexpired. Will keep that for my birthday next month :)

Little comment by Toni, think your blog should be called 'Secret Diary of  Penny Pincher' haha I think im nearly in a position to be asked onto superskrimpers. He also just said to me ' I just read Metro newspapers now you know, coz they are free ' The tightness is spreading !!!

Valentines day: Was always going to be a funny one. We talked about having a budget £10 each to spend, then we didnt earn any money so talked about £10 between us. But we really hadnt earned a penny so, in a world where you are not surrounded by friends or family or loans then you have to wait until you have it to spend it. So if we are - £20 on the challenge there was just no way we should be entitled to a spend a little. Made me feel a bit sad thinking there would be no posh card to put on the window sill to look at for 2 weeks. In the end I dint really need those little things. A kiss A cudle A little dance A film A nice piece of duck from the freezer, the kitchen table pulled into the dinning with a splash of colour & a big burning candle. Was lovely.

Got to have a night out the next evening to on the 15th, Tonis sister had given us free tickets to go and watch the Newcastle Eagles Basketball Team. Was really fun, nice to be out. Armed with my bottle of water and a pack of sweets to share with everyone.

We have a guest on Saturday that might remove the - £ and finally bring us into the +.

Its also my best friends birthday which means the comedy night out, tickets are paid for & im going to drive to save on Taxis then we just have to get toni a couple drinks & something for Katrina.

Will keep you posted :)




No comments:

Post a Comment