Friday 18 January 2013

Following on: Here is a little sad part about the 2013 challenge. We have taken back some of our christmas presents :( to bring back cash so to speak. At least we had gifts to take back. My lovely towel bathrobe off Toni which cost him £46, i know I can find one for less than £10 in the nxt few months, his new next trowsers £26 and the dogs new lead from Tkmax which snapped during her first jog. Taking things back to shops has never really been my thing, I would just use the item broken or pop it in the loft even though it was £6 but when you are looking at things in terms of just cash value well if its not fit for purpose it deserves to go straight back to the shop. And the cash straight back into your bank/ pocket. Depends if you are a cash or card spender I know which makes you spend less !!! Taking gifts back reminds me of something, something in the depths of my first memories. As i grew up in africa there were a few rules that wudnt b the same as when I came to live in the UK. One being: when it was next time to receive gifts your birthday or christmas you had to give away to the village children all your toys of the previous year, all bar 1. What a way to keep your homes uncluttered, spread the joy, make things be loved twice. I must have cried and winged but that one gift wasnt going to be given to 1 child, it was going to be played with and shared amongst soo many children who had nothing. So i guess it isnt that bad taking something back, at lease I still received the monetary benefits.

The DVD selling is going good 3 lots of friends on facebook have vowed to buy a batch each the remainder goes off to music magpie tomorrow by courier ( they send them )

Ebay has allowed me back on, got myself banned 8 years ago wooops. So now im once again a seller. Only being permited to sell 10 items a month thought. Is this new rule for everyone.... how can I make lots of money with 10 tiny 1p items for sale. Here is to hoping that amount increases and rapidly.

Our BnB guests were lovely, and not only did they wish for the BnB, they wished for extras, a dinner party meal & towels. Extras are additional so our fees went up, then we received a tip so it was some evening. They even reccomended another website that has great BnB booking rates. The moment they left I joined this also and filled in all the relevant forms and downloaded the relevant pictures. So we are now available as hosts on 2 top websites. This will surely help? Every guest so far so good.

The quality of our meals has improved since the SUPERdaddy delivery only a few pieces of fish left in the freezer. Only 1 shopping trip needed this week I think. The chosen luck spot was a trip to ALDI, tins of tomatoes 19p rice noodles 49p, all much cheaper than the huge shops. Its one way to make the money stretch further.An weekly shop of £8 something for 2 & the dog food surely cant be beaten.

The amount of food in your cupboards can really affect your mood. Too much so. Hunger shud b normal it should be the feeling just before your next meal surely....

I am quite conscious that once I have sold almost everything I own ( that I dont use ) the ways of making money will have to take a turn somehow, into pastures old or new. I might have to start doing private languages tuition again or more mystery shopping. All time consuming preparation wise. However I think im too old at 28 for washing neighbours cars & babysitting. The challenge continues.




No comments:

Post a Comment